Wednesday, June 13, 2012

God's Provision On Our Road Trip


My mom, sisters, and I just took a six day road trip up the coast of California, ending up in San Francisco to see my son, Steven, graduate from dental school and visit wine country.  I was nervous about going because I was still recovering from the pain of the inflamed nerve in my face.

Right before we left, I went to grab my pillow and put it into the back of our car.  I closed the hatch with one arm and immediately my neck flared up.  Within five minutes, I was in so much pain it was hard to talk and breath.   I told my sisters I thought they needed to turn around and take me home.

Alisa suggested we just stop every half hour or so and get frozen peas so I could ice my neck the whole way up.  It would be the same thing I would be doing at home.  So every half hour or so, Alisa would hop out of the car and buy frozen peas.

When we got to the first hotel in Avila {absolutely beautiful!}, they let me have my own bed and made sure to find soft food for me so I wouldn't flare up the nerve in my face again.  They always made sure I had lots of ice and was comfortable.

On Sunday, the day of Stevens's graduation, Ryan and Erin came to his apartment first to go out to lunch with the family but Erin wasn't feeling well. She was so disappointed when Ryan said that he needed to take her back to her parent's home an hour away. We have learned that God's ways are not our ways and we have to rest in this truth.

Unfortunately, I was also unable to attend Steven's graduation because my neck hurt too badly.  While my whole family went to his graduation, I sat in his apartment icing my neck and thinking how awesome God has been to me.

We all had every intention to see Steven graduate but three of us couldn't go.  We know that God is in complete control of our lives and we believe it wholeheartedly.  I thought of how God completely took care of me, even to the tiniest detail during this trip, even though it was difficult.

His provision usually comes through other people.  My mom and sisters did everything they could to make me comfortable.  When I got to San Francisco, Ken and Cassi did everything they could to make sure I had ice and soft food.

God is so good.  He abundantly provides for us.  Through all of my pain and suffering, He has been with me every step of the way.  He has never failed me.  He proves this over and over again to me.

Lastly, I just want to thank my mom, sister, husband, and daughter for caring for me so lovingly.  You will never know how much it means to me.  I am blessed and I love you all very much.

But my God shall supply all your need according to
his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

The picture was taken in Sonoma at a beautiful vineyard.

Alphabe-Thursday