Saturday, June 30, 2012

Missing Another Wedding


Yes, I have a very bad neck.  I landed on my head doing a back hand spring in high school.  I ran into a plate glass window in college.  I was smashed between two semi-trucks when I was thirty.  I had my neck fused three years ago.  I have a very bad neck.  It flares up often causing me a lot of pain.

I just missed Steven graduating from dental school.  I just missed my best friend's son's wedding.  I have missed many Christmas celebrations, weddings, birthdays, etc. in my life.  I lay at home with an ice pack on my neck while everyone else is having fun.

However, don't feel sorry for me {but I do appreciate prayers!}.  I have an amazing husband who I absolutely adore and who would do anything for me.  I have four children who walk with Jesus and God has truly blessed me with them.  I have a wonderful son-in-law and daughter-in-law that I love like my own.  I have the most precious grandbaby, my icing on the cake!

I have hot water to take hot baths in every night.  I have a comfortable bed to sleep in.  I have ice to ice my neck with.  I have the most delicious food to nourish my body.  I have a television with a million stations, an Ipad to read, and great books.

I have a giving mother and father who do everything they can to make my life comfortable.  My mom brings me fresh juice, shops for me, and makes salads for me.  I have two incredible sisters who have amazing families.

Most of all, I have Jesus Christ as my Savior.  I know that there is eternal life after my life ends here on earth.  This life is just a speck in eternity.  Jesus lives inside of me and gives me the strength to endure.  His Word continually renews my mind so I don't fall into depression.  He gives me hope and joy.

We take so much for granted.  We have the best medical care system in the history of the world.  We have the best sanitation anywhere.  We have firemen, policemen, and the military to protect us.  We are blessed.

Even if we were in a jail cell being persecuted, we are commanded to rejoice and be content...We are far from that.  I want to encourage all of you to start being thankful.  I know many of you are in pain physically, emotionally, mentally, or spiritually.  Start dwelling on all the good in your life.  If you have Jesus, you have everything.

Thank you, Lord, for your many blessings.  You are so good and I am so undeserving of your love but you pour it upon me abundantly and for that, I am eternally thankful.

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.
Philippians 4:11,12

The picture is of Tyler and Megan's wedding that I  just missed.