Friday, December 27, 2013

Married For 33 Years!


Ken and I celebrate 33 years of marriage today.  The road has not been easy.  The first 23 years we argued all the time.  I was not a godly, submissive wife.  The past ten years, my health has been poor.  However, we have weathered the storms because our marriage is built upon a Rock and that Rock is Christ.

The Bible only gives one admonition to believers about who to marry.  Marry a believer. Period. My mom married a believer.  My sisters married believers.  Now, my children are marrying believers.  My parents raised godly offspring.  My sisters and I raised godly offspring.  I am confident my children will raise godly offspring.

Like I said, just because you marry a believer doesn't guarantee an easy life.  No one has an easy life but with Christ at the center and the foundation of a marriage, the chances of having a good, solid marriage are much stronger.

All of our beliefs come from our faith.  Our political views, our morals and values, the way we raise our children, our hope and joy, the way we handle money and think about the future, even the way we eat come from how we view God, were created by and for Him, and knowing who we are in Christ.

Therefore, if you are considering marriage, make sure you marry a believer.  Speaking from one with many years of experience and many trials, I am extremely thankful to be married to a believer.  Our marriage has stood the test of time and we are reaping wonderful fruit from it.

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. 
For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? 
Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
2 Corinthians 6:14