Monday, December 23, 2013

Our Yearly Christmas Morning


Every Christmas morning, our whole family gathers at my parent's home.  It is my parents favorite day of the year {and maybe for the rest of us!}. There are ten grandchildren and every year we keep adding more between marriages and babies!

My parents have been married for 61 years.  Alisa, my sister, and Greg have been married 28 years, and Debbi, my youngest sister, and Jonathan have been married 26 years.  All of our marriages have had their trials, like everyone, but they are all strong, good marriages.

  After we have a yummy brunch, we all sit in a big circle in the living room and share what the Lord has taught us that year.  It's a beautiful time of listening to God's work in everybody's lives.

This has been a very tough year for me as many of you know, with having to go through brain surgery, a very difficult recovery, and then Cyber Knife treatments.  However, I have had a lot of love and support, a solid family support system, and I know who is in control resting in Him.

This blog has been an incredible blessing to me during this time.  God always knows just what we need.  He is so good. May you all have a wonderful Christmas remembering the birth of our wonderful Savior.  

Merry Christmas!

Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: 
The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, 
and will call him Immanuel.
Isaiah 7:14