Saturday, October 15, 2011

Pleasing God


To love God and to please Him is worth everything, everything.  Your sexual immortality must go, your evil desires and greed must go, your anger must go, your malice must go, your slander must go.  All of them must go - forever!  Be ruthless.  Whatever the sins are that right now make you feel guilty and uneasy - hate them!  Get them once and for all out of your life
Anne Ortlund

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ lives in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me
Galatians 2:20

For he that is dead is freed from sin. 
Romans 6:7

I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me
Philippians 4:13

Believe God's Word.  You CAN do it!  His Spirit works powerfully in you.  He wants those around you to see Him in you.  He commands for us to walk blamelessly.  He never commands something that He doesn't give us the power to accomplish.  Go now... Be lights to a dark world!  Flee the darkness and live in the Light!