Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sweet Sara


Meet Sara.  She came to live with a close neighbor and friend last year for several months.  She wasn't a follower of Jesus.  Sarah asked my friend where the local bars were.  My friend wanted her to meet Cassi.  Sara wanted friends.  She liked Cassi right away and started hanging out with her and her friends. 

She couldn't believe how wonderful these girls were...When one would leave the room, the others wouldn't gossip about them like all her other friends did.  They were always hugging her and making her feel loved.

She started going to church with us every Sunday faithfully, then would eat lunch with my family afterwards.  She would just sit and listen.

About a month before she left, during communion, she looked at Cassi with tears in her eyes and said she wanted to become a Christian and take communion.  Cassi told her to wait because she needed to count the cost and really understand what she was wanting to believe.

The weekend before she left, she believed in Jesus as her Savior.  We all cried.  We were so happy. 

She went back home, but had no support system.  I prayed for her everyday.  She came back to visit a few months later and remembered how wonderful being among Christians was...She met Andrew and they started texting a bit.

She went back home and got involved in a church, a bible study, and is being mentored by older women.  Her roots are getting deeper.

She was just here last week.  She and Andrew just wanted to hang out together and see if they should pursue a relationship.  Andrew loves Jesus.  I asked her how her week was with him and she wrote me this ~

I had the best time!!! I'm making my tentative date of moving to California May 2013 :) and I really like Andrew.  He treated me just above and beyond what any other guy has!!  So happy. :)

She's never had a guy treat her special...They are waiting on the Lord to see where their relationship should go...We are so happy for Sara.  I will keep you posted! ;)

We all love you, Sara!

Come unto me, all you that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart:  and you shall find rest unto your souls.  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 
Matthew 11:28-30