Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Candy Makes You Sick And Fat


Ken and I have a little game going on.  We have to tell each other our weight and keep each other accountable.  Neither of us want to get heavy as we get older.

Several Halloweens ago, bought two huge bags of candy for Halloween.  I have been having a fistful of Skittles the last few days.  My weight is creeping up and my throat hurts.  Even though it doesn't have many calories, it prevents weight loss.  Maybe the reason is because it is pure sugar and chemicals.  Your body can't use it and it suppresses your immune system. The key to good health is a strong immune system.

This other blog had a discussion on couponing.  I wrote a post Good Health God's Way for the discussion on how I use to coupon but quit because almost everything you can buy with coupons is junk food or chemicals to clean your home with.  I don't want either. I shared all my opinions on having good health and my frugal recipes instead.

There is an article called  America: A Big, Fat, Stupid Nation.  I love this quote ~

Your grandparents were raised in a generation aware that God's 
supermarket was better than man's.

It is interesting that most flus and colds begin after Halloween.  Too much candy is not good for the body. So wake up, America!  Start eating food the way God intended for us...

I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
Genesis 1:29

P.S.  If you need something for your sweet tooth but want it to be full of good fats, satisfying, and nourishing, try these Healthy Peanut Butter Cups.  They are so yummy! Good fats {avocados, butter, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.} don't make you fat.  Sugar does.