Saturday, October 22, 2011

Speak Truth To Your Children


I have written unto you, young men, because you are strong, and the word of God abides in you, and you have overcome the wicked one.  
I John 2:14b

I sent this verse to my sons.  I want them to believe God's promises. The world tries to beat young men down. There are so many temptations everywhere but I want them to know what God says to them...They are strong...His word abides in them...They have overcome the wicked one. I want them to believe that wholeheartedly and walk in that truth.

If you are always told you are a sinner and that you will struggle, you will act like a sinner that always struggles. If you are told you are a saint and His power works through you mightily, you will act like a saint and allow His power to work through you.

Speak words of God's truth to your children. Keep reminding them of who they are in Christ. My sister made a long list to remind her children of these truths. She wants them to remember. {Print it out.  Read it to your children.  Tell them to believe who they are in Christ.  THAT builds true self-esteem.}

These are life-giving words. Words that bring joy, comfort, and security. These are very good words.