Monday, October 3, 2011

Win Your Husband!


Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands;  that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives
I Peter 3:1

She doesn't want to win her husband.  She said she has never even "had" her husband.  She would like a divorce.  There have never been sparks in her marriage.  It is boring.  She would love to get out and never be married again.

I looked at her and told her ~

She is commanded by God to win her husband.
I Peter 3:1

She is commanded by God to love her husband.
Titus 2:4

She is commanded by God to please her husband.
I Corinthians 7:34

She is commanded by God to serve her husband.
Galatians 5:13

She started weeping.  She had never heard that before. She realized her error...She seems to want to change.  She isn't happy the way her life is going. You never are when you are headed in the opposite direction from where God wants you to be going.  I know.  I have been there.

God's ways are so good.  I love loving, pleasing, and serving my husband.  This has brought me joy.  It has brought him joy.  He is enjoying life now.  I am too...