Saturday, October 1, 2011

Tired Of Acting Happy


She was angry when I read this ~ "And I may be called to walk through this world with a bright, smiling face while my heart is breaking."

She was tired of acting happy when she felt so miserable all the time.  She has been through a lot of family and health problems.  However, I told her that whenever I think about her, I think of her as a happy and friendly person.  Jesus shines through her pain.

It got me to thinking...Our joy and happiness shouldn't be dependent upon our circumstances.  Just watch the news for awhile and you will lose your joy and happiness.  Pain and suffering are all around us.  Everyone you meet has been through trials.  It is inescapable.

This is why I love these verses ~

If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God.  Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.  For you are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.  When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall you also appear with Him in glory. 
Colossians 3:1-4

If we expect our circumstances to make us happy, we will not be happy that often.  We have to keep our eyes on things above and all His wonderful promises...He is in control, He works all things out for our good, He directs our paths, He has rescued us from the kingdom of darkness and transferred us to the kingdom of His dear Son, delivered us from the wrath to come ... 

Renew your mind with God's truth and then you will have something to smile about! :)