Sunday, October 16, 2011

Women Hold The Key


This is true.  Women hold the key to happiness in marriage.  Even the Bible agrees with this statement ~

A wise woman builds her home, but a foolish woman tears it down with her own hands
Proverbs 14:1

Wives, in the same way be submissive to your husbands so that, if any of them do not believe the word, they may be won over without words by the behavior of their wives. 
I Peter 3:1

I woke up early today and started reading  The Secrets of Fascinating Womanhood.  It teaches the secrets of winning your husband.  It is very good.  I recommend it highly. 

Ten secrets are given for winning the love of your husband.  I thought I would take all ten and write a post about each one.

Here are some of the quotes that introduce the secrets ~

Lay aside self-righteousness and feminine pride...Many modern ideas that sound good in theory {like feminism}, don't work in practice.

Change yourself and you can have a great marriage.  I stand by that statement with my life. {I can stand by this statement also.  I have seen it with every single woman that I have mentored as long as she has a teachable spirit.}

Love is awakened in a man by wholesome, feminine qualities, such as sympathy, purity, cheerfulness, trust, and dependence.

The first secret she gives is ~

Accept him as he is.  Look to his good side.  This is a husband's second most important need.  When you try to change him, he becomes resentful and cool and withdraws much of his love.  The only way he will change is if you accept him just the way that he is.

He knows his own faults.  The more a man loves you, the more he will want to please you.  We must accept them fully {even all their faults and bad habits} and forgive them fully for all their past mistakes.

So this is your first assignment, women!  Try this...It really does work.  Remember that you are far from perfect and you want others to accept you just the way that you are...