Thursday, November 17, 2011

Warrior Wives


Erin claims to be a "Warrior Wife."  My sisters helped point this out to me...

When we were in Wisconsin last summer, I asked Ryan to vacuum out the van for me.  Now Ryan is not a perfectionist.  That is okay, but sometimes I will say something to him about it.  He failed to vacuum underneath some things between the front two seats. I pointed it out to him.  Immediately, Erin said to him,  "You did such a great job!"

Ryan and Erin moved into their new home this past weekend.  Ryan needed to install a garbage disposal, a faucet, etc.  Jon and Alyssa were coming down.  Jon works in construction so I mentioned that Jon could figure it all out.  That night at their home, Ken and Ryan were working on the faucet.  I mentioned that it was good that Ken was there to help Ryan.  Erin responded, "Ryan could do it on his own!"

She doesn't like to hear Ryan's abilities put down in any way or anything slightly negative said about him.  She defends him every chance she gets.  Ryan has said to me that her confidence in him makes him a confident leader....Wow!

I learn so much from watching and listening to my married children.  They are so wise for their age.  They are doing it right and it shows.  They are reaping the blessings of heavenly marriages!

Wouldn't you love your sons to marry warrior wives?

And the wife see that she reverence her husband. 
Ephesians 5:33

She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life
Proverbs 31:12

She opens her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.  Proverbs 31:26