Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Childlike Faith


To experience peace and joy in your life, you must have childlike faith {like my grandbaby, Emma}.  Faith that trusts God completely.  Faith that doesn't question His work in the world and in your life.  Trusting Him with all the details in your life.

Worry is the opposite of faith.  When you worry, you lose your joy.  You lose your peace.  You forget that God is in control.  You feel like you must fix things and people.  You take your eyes off of Jesus and put them on yourselves and your circumstances.

So renew your mind with God's truth.  Speak the Word of God aloud.  Fall radically in love with Jesus.  For the love of Christ controls us. {I Corinthians 5:14}  Loving Him causes us to walk in obedience to Him, because we want to please Him.

I can be a submissive wife, because I love Him.

I can love the irritating people in my life, because I love Him.

I can admit I'm wrong to those I have hurt, because I love Him.

I can be generous and help others, because I love Him.

I can do all things through Him who strengthens me
Philippians 4:13

And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.
Matthew 18:3