Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sensitivity To Sin


One woman commented that the wedding dance between my daughter and her new husband was inappropriate.  Wow!  I was shocked.  I watched it again to see if maybe it was inappropriate.  Nope, the 20th time of watching it, I thought it was romantic and wonderful.

I always want to stay very sensitive to sin.  Our society, mostly television, has a way of desensitizing us to it.  We watch a little bit here and a little bit there and soon we're watching a lot of junk.  I even read some blogs today of Christian women loving the Victoria Secret Christmas Show.  That was sad for me.

Inappropriate dancing to me are some of the dances on Dancing With The Stars...immodest clothing and sexy moves.  So You Think You Can Dance has some pretty risque dancing also.  I stopped watching both of them for that reason.  But watching a newly married couple dancing to Frank Sinatra's "Come Fly With Me" and waltzing around in their wedding clothes, now that is appropriate dancing in my eyes.

We must always be sensitive to sin and what constitutes sin.  All dancing is not sin or God would not have mentioned dancing in the Bible.  But I always want to be sensitive to the Spirit, because His prodding in me plus knowing Scripture helps me discern what is good and what is evil.

The Bible compares baby Christians to mature Christians and the sign of  mature Christians are those that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil.  {Hebrews 6:14}

So grow in your faith.  Walk in the Spirit.  Spend time in His Word.  Pray.  God is faithful and will convict you of sin and righteousness.  Rest in that.  Rest in your convictions.  Most of all, love God and others earnestly!