Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Naked And Unashamed


And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.  Genesis 2:19

This was God's original intention between a man and his wife...

As you have probably noticed, I have been listening to Mark Driscoll preach on the Song Of Solomon lately and the latest one was on sex.  I took careful notes and debated whether or not I should blog about what he spoke about.  {I still may delete it after thinking about it!}  I decided to give it a try.  I figured if he was bold enough to preach it to thousands of people, I should be bold enough to teach my small group of blog readers!  It is a somewhat embarrassing topic, but I think it is something women need to hear...

Men are visual. ALL men are VERY visual.  Most women will never understand it, but that is the way they are built. God made them that way.  Many women complain to me that their husbands look at pretty women.  I tell them that is natural for them.  They love looking at pretty women, but it doesn't mean they prefer them to their wives.  {If you are married to a Christian man, hopefully, he doesn't linger for a long time...}

When men get married, they like to see their wives naked.  They like to have the lights on as opposed to a dark room under the covers.  They like to watch them get undressed.  Be visually generous with them.  Driscoll encourages women to be a "visually generous servant lover."

Lots of women are shy and modest and it is difficult for them.  Many are ashamed of their bodies.  Marriage is a journey.  If you have been abused, seek wise counsel.  Learn to appreciate the body God has given you.  If you are warm and loving to your husband, he will enjoy you no matter what you look like.

Sex is good.  It was created by God.  He wants us to be naked and unashamed WITH OUR SPOUSE, not our boyfriend or fiance.  God's ways are good.  Listen to the sermon by Driscoll if you want more details.  I think I have given enough!  Have fun and make sure you have a lock on your bedroom door!  {I am sure all the men will love this post ;).}