Friday, December 30, 2011

Peaceful Family Gatherings


My whole family meets on Christmas morning at my mom and dad's home.  My two sisters with their families come.  We have a wonderful brunch and then gather in the living room to share our favorite events of the year and then a gift exchange. 

My immediate family {pictured above} is together Christmas Eve, Christmas Day for a long hike, and Christmas night also.  We laugh, eat, and fellowship.  There is not one cross word exchanged.  Oh, believe me, there have been in the past.  However, we have all decided to be at peace with one another and love each other.  That is what we are called to do and it makes life so much more pleasant. 

So, I encourage you to go love those unlovable relatives.  Start heaping burning coals upon their head.  Win them with love and kindness.  Life is too short to make any body's life miserable.  Treat everyone the way you want to be treated.  Walk as Jesus walked.  It is a very good thing. 

If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men
Romans 12:18

Better is a dry morsel with quiet than a house full of feasting with strife.  Proverbs 17:1