Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Your Children Want YOU!



Robin has been reading my blog for awhile. Her life isn't easy, however, she is doing everything in her power along with God's power working mightily within her to raise her children in the nurture and the admonition of the Lord and be a godly, submissive help meet to her husband. She commented a few days after Eating Out And Taking Vacations was posted. Her words were wise words and I wanted to share them with all of you ~

If I may weigh in here: I am a full-time wife and mother now, but I spent over twenty years taking care of other people's children in my home and theirs. I share Lori's Christian world view and also her exegesis of the scriptures pertaining to wives and especially mothers, working outside of the home for pay without their children present {You cannot convince me that Mrs. Proverbs 31 hired a sitter so she could sell pretty fabric.} 

I can say with all honesty that not a single child that I cared for over those twenty years PREFERRED to be with me. They ALL wailed, cried, lay on the floor, pouted and moped in the morning when their mommies left. They ALL cried too much during the day - especially the infants. They ALL misbehaved right before their mother or father came home - having a sort of emotional crisis, if you will, at the time of transition from my care to that of their parents. 

If I could say one thing to working mothers {who are working by choice, and not force}, it would be this: count the cost. Know that your Nanny is NOT going to tell you that your child cried for five out of eight hours, screaming, "Mommy! I want Mommy!" because she knows it will break your heart in half. Your children want YOU. Not the Nanny. They want YOU. You are teaching them that anyone can do your job. You are the only Mama God gave them. You're missing their lives. Find a way - any way - to put your career on hold and GO HOME to your children. Please. 

Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you.
Isaiah 49:15