Thursday, July 10, 2014

This Man Loves His Wife


Remember Cabinetman? Well, he LOVES his wife. He use to write about marriage a lot on his blog that is now closed. He has a heart for marriage and would love to see more men be a man and a leader in their marriage. He recently wrote a post about his wife. I wanted to share it with all of you ~

My wife gets more beautiful as she ages.  As we hit our mid-thirties 
she gains more grace, class and beauty each year.  

She cooks me three hot, from scratch meals a day.  Joyfully she does it, and she is one hell of a cook, if I can say so.  When we have folks over for dinner the other men look at me with envy and jealousy.

My wife never lets our house slip into chaos.  When I come in from work, the house isn’t always perfect, but it’s always tidy and in order. She makes our home a safe, comfortable, and warm place to unwind.

She is one of the finest mothers I have ever seen.  She loves our children.  She teaches them and trains them.  She plays games with them.  Most times when I walk into the home I hear laughter, and it fills my soul with joy.

My wife respects me and submits to me.  She never tries to go around my back or force an issue.  I don’t have to pull my authority card.  She does it willingly and joyfully.

My wife sleeps with me.  If she’s not sick or there are not guests 
sitting in the living room, if I ask, the answer is yes.  

My wife is always willing to rub out an ache in my back that I picked up from my physical job, she never refuses and usually offers before I ever ask.  She touches me physically all the time in a loving & giving way.

My wife wears a dress and a head covering to church.  Maybe it is sinful pride, but I feel honored at church to have a wife that is one of the few wearing a dress and the only one wearing a head covering/scarf.

She treats our money respectfully.  For the most part she is very frugal, and even the splurges are for the family’s benefit not her own.  If times call for it, she cuts back on those as needed.  

She hungers for the word of God and to serve Him.  Early in our marriage it was to check the box, today it is because she wants to follow and be obedient to her Maker and Savior.  It’s not an outward shell of faith, but something deep, alive and real.  

I’m a blessed man.
 A wife of noble character who can find?  She is worth far more than rubies.  Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.  She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.  
Proverbs 31:10-12