Monday, July 14, 2014

He Looks At Sexy Women!


We live in a VERY highly sexualized society. Almost everywhere we go, we see scantily clad women. They are on magazine covers in the airport, plastered on big posters in the mall, and selling burgers on television. Lot lived in a city that was overrun by sexual immorality and this is how the Bible described him, "For by what he saw and heard that righteous man, while living among them, felt his righteous soul tormented day after day by their lawless deeds"{2 Peter 2:8}.

It is difficult living in a land filled with so much blatant sin. How are we to overcome it? How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word. With all my heart I have sought You; Do not let me wander from Your commandments. Your word I have treasured in my heart, That I may not sin against You {Psalm 119:9-11}.

You see, Lot didn't have the Word of God to meditate upon. He also didn't have the Holy Spirit working mightily inside of him like we do. No temptation has overtaken you but such as is common to man; and God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will provide the way of escape also, so that you will be able to endure it {I Corinthians 10:13}.

We, as women, will never understand how a man's mind works. We think all men who see scantily clad women want to have sex with them. We get mad at them for looking. However, one man on another blog, made this very interesting comment ~

I’m not blind. I see attractive women all the time and I don’t want them AT ALL. I want my wife. She’s 50, has had and raised five kids and it shows. It has not diminished my desire for her and her alone in the least. The curious thing is that exposure to a highly sexualized society does not make me want “sex” more and it certainly doesn't make me want that sexy woman in the commercial, it makes me want HER more. She cannot comprehend this.

Ken has tried to explain this to me before. I am beginning to understand. God gave men wives to satisfy their sexual needs for it is better to marry than to burn. Yes, they WILL see beautiful, sexy women in this world but our husbands chose us to live with all the days of our lives and most Christian husbands live faithful to us, thankfully!

Yes, most men will be attracted to a beautiful, sexy woman walking by but that doesn't mean he wants to have sex with her. It may get him more excited to have sex with you, but we need to stop taking this offensively and understand that this is the way God built them and live in an understanding, instead of judgmental way with them.

Just as most women struggle with their emotional nature, men struggle with their sexual nature. But, since the Holy Spirit lives inside of us, we are overcomers! We are new creatures in Christ. We can have victory over sin! {Just remember to give your husband lots of sex, don't try to control him in any way, and learn to please him. This makes his battle against his sexual nature SO much easier.}