Friday, February 15, 2013

My Trusty Theracane and Knobbler!


"What is that?" you may ask.  Well, I have another story of pain I endured in hopes of helping some of you.  Several months before I had my neck fused, I started developing severe pain in my right shoulder. I felt sure it was tendinitis because I had it before many years ago.

After my neck was fused, my shoulder was hurting me more than my neck. Ken wanted me to get cortisone shots in it. My physical therapists wanted me to come in so he could exercise it. No way! I couldn't even stand to move my arm at all it hurt so much.

It was a constant, throbbing pain. If any of you have had tendinitis in your shoulder that led to a completely frozen shoulder, you know what I mean.  So I got on the Internet and researched shoulder tendinitis.  I found Trigger Point Therapy.  I also ordered a Theracane and a Knobbler.

The doctor who wrote the book is a cardiologist. She noticed that her heart patients would develop frozen shoulder from laying around for so long. She said the tendinitis became more painful for her patients than their heart problems. I had been laying around for a long time because of my neck pain.

Every day I started massaging the painful spots slowly six to twelve times about every three hours. In the beginning, I had a ton of painful spots. Slowly they started improving and eventually were completely well. I could even lift my arm over my head.

If you suffer from shoulder tendinitis or any other type of muscle pain in your back, arms, or legs, I highly recommend the Theracane and Knobbler. The Knobbler is great if you have pain in your neck area or legs. These have been a lifesaver for me!

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Father of mercies and God of all comfort:  
who comforts us in all our afflictions
so that we may be able to comfort those
who are in any affliction with the comfort
with which we ourselves are comforted by God.
2 Corinthians 1:3,4