Friday, February 1, 2013

My Very Productive Kitchen


Yes, this is a picture of my kitchen. I used the big pot on the stove to make another batch of chicken broth.  I also just finished chopping up a very large salad. I smell yams cooking for dinner and a roasted chicken in the oven. The vegetables are ready to steam for dinner.

Yesterday, I made kefir and a large pot of my homemade chicken and vegetable soup from my broth I make from the roasted chicken.  Homemade chicken broth makes everything better! I made a big batch of our homemade salad dressing.  I always use healthy fats to cook with. Today, I went to Jimbos, Trader Joes, and Costco and loaded up on all my good, healthy food.

We use our kitchen A LOT!  Since we make everything from scratch, it does take a lot of time and creates a lot of mess. I am getting better at cleaning as I go. I fill the sink up with hot, soapy water and put the dirty dishes in it as I go.

Fixing healthy food for my family has definitely been a priority for me.  It has always been difficult for me to be away from the home for too long  since I love taking care of my family in this way.  I love being home cooking, cleaning, blogging, reading, mentoring, etc.

I am so thankful God wants me to be a "keeper at home" and for a husband who works so hard so I am able to be home.  Find joy in being a keeper at home if you are able to be one!  Do it with thanksgiving and to the best of your ability.

Whatever your hand finds to do,
do it with all your might.
Ecclesiastes 9:10