Monday, February 11, 2013

Am I Ever Unsubmissive?


Hi Lori, I am wondering if you ever find yourself in moments where you are not submissive to your husband, and if so, how you and he both react. On my pathway towards being a godly wife, I practice this joyfully but there are definitely moments, phases, or even days or weeks when I rebel or snap back at him or don't do what I know I should--I allow my emotion or desire to control the situation to rule my decisions instead of my heart and doing what's best. I was wondering if you have ever found yourself in this position recently and if so, what is the best way you or your husband have found to getting back on track? Thanks

This was asked on my post LeAnn Rimes Felt Pathetic.  I was asleep when this was asked so Ken answered it.  You can go to the post to see his answer.  It is very good.  No, I am not perfect and I do fail.  Not as often as I use to and Ken will tell you I am a different wife today than I was for many years.

We recently got into an argument.  Afterwards, we both decided we don't like conflict of any kind and don't want it in our relationship anymore.  We want to learn how to always pursue peace with each other.  I know marriage counselors say conflict is good.  I completely disagree.  I hate it when there is conflict between Ken and me.  Life is wonderful when we are at peace with each other.

We want to learn to communicate our feelings to each other without conflict, to disagree agreeably.  When I speak disrespectfully to him with the tone of my voice or actions, I want him to call me out on it.  I want to be submissive and obey him in everything.  I want to obey God and walk in obedience.  

I never want to be called a hypocrite.  I teach many women.  I want to be an example to them.  We need examples of godly women and godly marriages.  I never want to blaspheme the Word of God.  I want to live my life in a way that adorns His Word.

Practice makes perfect.  I will continue working out my salvation with fear and trembling for I know that God works powerfully inside of me and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  He is good and I trust His ways are best.

Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.  
For it is God which worketh in you 
both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Philippians 2:12,13

Marital Oneness