Sunday, July 12, 2015

My New KJV Journaling Bible


Over ten years ago, Ken and I attended a week long conference that the Pearls put on about fifteen minutes from us. Ken was only going to go the first night but he enjoyed listening to Michael so much that he attended the whole week with me! Michael taught the book of Hebrews. We went because I had recently read Created to Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl and loved it so I wanted to meet them in person!

It was a wonderful week. It actually changed our lives. We learned about our new lives in Christ and our marriage has been transformed. We had the privilege of meeting both of them and even some of their joyful children. Debi had a session for just women about the subject matter in her book which I loved. On Sunday, they had a church service and my whole family attended and enjoyed it. When it was over, we were some of the last to leave and Ken found a KJV Bible that someone had left. Michael Pearl believes we should only be reading KJV since it is the most accurate. I have grown to love this version but I do read an easier version for the Old Testament. I just can't understand it in the KJV.

No one claimed the Bible Ken had found so Ken gave it to me. It had no name in it. It was fairly worn and I have used this Bible for years. I listened to every single tape Michael came out that was teaching a new book in the Bible and took judicious notes in my Bible writing in every single space I could find. These notes have come in SO handy whenever I want to teach women the Bible! Well, this Bible is completely falling apart. The binder has come apart and I just love this Bible! Here is a picture of one page in it. You can see how marked up it is. I also highlight like crazy.


The other day, I saw this Journaling KJV Bible and I ordered it. I am going to transfer ALL of my notes, which are getting harder and harder for me to see as they begin to fade and my eyes are not as strong as they once were. I even have to use a magnifying glass to see some of my notes! Yes, it's going to take me a long time, but that's okay. I will LOVE having all of my notes clearly spelled out in this new Bible with the wide margins so I can read them better!

For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
Hebrews 4:12