Saturday, July 18, 2015

Best Granola EVER and Grain-Free!


This cookbook was on the table at a friend's home. It looked good so I checked it out on Amazon. At the time, there were 1600 reviews and the majority were positive. Many said that every single recipe was fabulous so I ordered it since I can't eat grains or dairy.

It is fabulous! Every single recipe is yummy. Every person I have given the granola to taste has LOVED it. I'll write the recipe so you can try it. If you love it like we do and want to fix your family nourishing food, order the book!

I bought all of these raw and organic at the health food store ~

1 cup almonds
1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup cashews
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1 teaspoon sea salt

Put in a bowl, cover with water and let soak 24 hours.
Drain and dry them off with a towel.

Put them  in a food processor; process until they are the size of oats, then add ~

3/4 cup melted honey or maple syrup 
{I used maple syrup since it's much lower in fructose
 and I only used half this amount and it's still yummy!}
2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
1 1/2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 Tablespoon cinnamon

Pulse until it's all combined.

You can then add 1/2 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut, if you'd like.

Spread the granola out in a dehydrator or your oven set on low and dehydrate for almost 24 hours. Add 1/2 cup raisins also, if you'd like. I eat it plain or with her homemade almond milk which is SO easy to make! Your whole family will love it.

I've had this book for a week and have already tried her roasted garlic faux mashed potatoes, blueberry jam, marinated and grilled zucchini, waffles, bread, chocolate chip cookies {Oh my, are they delicious!} and my daughters-in-law made her Korean Beef Noodle and they loved it!

In my opinion, this cookbook is money well spent!

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, 
and cometh down from the Father of lights, 
with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.
James 1:17



Best Chocolate Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, and Wheat-Free Cookies!
The only problem is you eat half the batter; it's SO yummy!