Thursday, July 30, 2015

Are Leggings Modest?


There has only been one time that Ken told me I couldn't wear something and it was many years ago. I had a pair of leggings on and he told me I couldn't wear them in public. He said they were too immodest. They are tight and show every single curve on a woman's body.

I happily decided I wouldn't wear them anymore. This was WAY before I was a submissive wife but I figured if he thought they were immodest, I would trust him. He knows what attracts males and he has told me that its skin tight clothing and lots of flesh.

I asked the women in the chat room if there has ever been clothing that their husbands didn't want them to wear. Leggings were the clothing most husbands didn't want their wives to wear. 

Have you ever asked your husband what he thinks is modest and what is not? Have you asked him to be completely honest with you? Some men like their wives dressing immodestly. I think it must be an ego thing like, "Hey guys, look at the babe that I've got." It seems only insecure men would feel this way. Strong, godly men would desire their wives to be modest. They don't want other men lusting after their wives.

The majority of women today, even Christian women, don't seem to care about dressing modestly at all. They much prefer to wear what is in fashion or comfortable than to please the Lord. You must all realize, however, that men are VERY visual. They get turned on by what they see. We, as women, will never understand the way a man's brain works but we must trust what they tell us. We can't tell them that lust is their problem and we have nothing to do with it. What do you think turns them on? Scantily clad women, that is what! This is why God commands women to dress modestly. If you wear a long shirt over them, I believe it is fine to wear leggings but let's do all we can to not make it harder on men then it already is for them.

We can't simply live our lives for ourselves without any thought to the men we come in contact with. We are called to be modest and to esteem others better than ourselves. We are commanded to not be a stumbling block to others. When you dress in a way that turns men on, you ARE responsible for causing men to stumble whether or not you want to acknowledge it. The Lord tells us that in WHATEVER we do, we should do all for His glory. Do you dress in a way that is glorifying to Him?

In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.

I Timothy 2:9