Sunday, August 2, 2015

Speaking Only About Nice Things


Dr. David Jeremiah has a friend named Dr. Chris Well {I think. He said the name so fast that I couldn't quit figure it out!} who said some very wise words to him. It is a part of a prophets very nature to proclaim judgment. Whenever there is a true prophet of God, He will preach judgment. These so-called ministers of God speak all things nice. There’s not any hell anymore, there’s not any devil anymore and there’s not any judgment anymore. In our enlightened and sophisticated day, we stand up and speak of the love of Jesus and we speak of peace and all things pretty and beautiful but remember, the same book that tells us about the good, tells us about the bad. The same revelation that speaks to us about heaven, speaks to us about hell. The Bible that presents the Lord as the Savior is the same Bible that presents to us the Devil as our enemy and adversary of damnation and destruction. The two go together; if there’s not anything to be saved from, you don’t need a Savior.

I have to give a hearty AMEN to these words! Way too many blog writers only write words of love, peace and about things pretty and beautiful. We do need all of these things but we also need the hard and difficult things. I don't mind teaching both since God's Word clearly teaches both. I don't care if I'm never a "popular" blog writer with millions of followers. This has never mattered to me. I only aim to please the Savior. Oh yes, it would be much easier to write about the lovely words in Scripture but this doesn't tell the whole story. We can love and serve people constantly yet if they don't know they're a sinner in need of a Savior, our love accomplishes nothing.

We must always remind ourselves that we are a remnant and I love teaching God's remnant. They are those who hunger for God's Word and His ways. They want to walk in the Spirit and NOT the flesh. They desire more than anything to be obedient to Him in everything so they won't blaspheme His Holy Word to a lost and dying world. They want to be salt and light to the their families and friends. They don't want any of them to perish but all to come to the knowledge of the Lord.

We must be courageous women of God. We must not tremble in the happenings around us for greater is He who is in us than he who is in the world. Our precious Savior speaks these words to comfort us, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. n my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" {John 14:1-3}.