Monday, January 26, 2015

God Created Women for Pouring


Erin decided to stop blogging and writing to BE full-time with her family. She is very talented and had WAY too much on her plate; trying to homeschool five children, being a help meet to her husband, editing and writing books and taking care of her homestead. She wrote me this amazing email that she told me I could share with you since I think it will bless many of you. She is a godly and wise woman and decided that, at this time of her life, she wanted to spend her energies on what the Lord has called her to do. She also drew that fabulous picture above to illustrate what she wrote.

My husband is a man of very few words.  When I set aside my busy blogging, he said to me…"God created the woman for pouring.  They are ‘all or none’ type vessels.  Keeping a home, loving your husband and children is a huge undertaking and it takes ALL of a woman to fill.  This is why God created the woman to pour of herself completely because he knew it took all of her heart to care for her family.  When you take the modern woman who finds a million other things to pour into, important things suffer.  There is only so much in that heart to pour.  Once she has poured herself out, there is nothing remaining and that is when the family suffers and why our country is in the state that it is in.  It all starts in the home.”  I found his words so perfect. 

God gave me many gifts as a child.  I could do so many beautiful things with my hands whether it was music, painting, drawing, writing, or theatre.  The confusing thing when I grew into a woman was that I thought I was not being a good steward if I would not use those gifts.  It was a lie from the devil to distract me from the most precious gift I was given.  He gave me the gift of being a wife and mother.  It is not bad to lay aside the talents I have to pour into the precious gifts that God has given me in this season of my life.  What I pour into them has eternal value.  

Being abused as a child made me search for validation and worth by the things I could master and create.  I felt I was only worth something if I did something honorable in the sight of man.  Bringing healing to the broken was something that made me feel like I was doing something worthy.  But there is nothing more worthy and filled with validation than being a wife and mother because God created me for that purpose.  All those other things that I could create will be destroyed by moth or rust, but the souls of my husband and children will endure forever.  What I pour into them matters.

He maketh the barren woman to keep house, 
and to be a joyful mother of children. 
Praise ye the LORD.
Psalm 113:9