Sunday, October 11, 2015

Should We Be Strong and Independent?


Feminist have taught us that we should be strong and independent. Is this what the Bible teaches women should be? Remember to always judge everything by biblical standards and NOT by how you feel or what society is teaching you!

Let's go to the Word and see what it says about being strong. Hmm, all I could find were verses about being strong in the Lord. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might {Ephesians 6:10}. Thou therefore, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus {2 Timothy 2:1}. For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly {Romans 5:6}. And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me {2 Corinthians 12:9} and I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me {Philippians 4:13}.

According to these verses, we are WEAK without Him! Our strength comes from Jesus and Him alone. Many women who know not God think they are strong, but they are weak. Without Him, we can do nothing {John 15:5}. Therefore, NEVER base your strength upon yourself but always give glory to God since He is the One who makes you strong.

What about being independent? Hmm, I couldn't find one single word about being independent. I do know we need to be dependent upon the Lord since we are nothing without Him. We need to depend upon Him for strength, wisdom, eternal life, freedom from sin, grace, mercy, patience, etc. Therefore, I am NOT independent. Yes, I can feed and clothe myself and do many things for myself but I depend upon my husband to work hard for all of the clothes I wear, food I eat and the home I live in. I depend upon godly preachers and teachers to teach me God's Word. I depend upon friends to comfort me and give me wise counsel. They also bring fun into my life.

Am I independent? NO! Not at all. I have no desire to be considered strong in my own abilities and independent from others. Therefore, this is simply another lie the feminist movement has perpetuated on women, "Be strong! Be independent! Make your own money! Be your own woman! Do what you want with your body!" Lies. All of it since it has led most women down a very empty and lonely path.