Tuesday, January 5, 2016

A Self-Absorbed and Narcissistic Culture


Many women get offended by the words I write. I have been labeled a "hater," a "victimizer," and many other names. If someone isn't political correct, many in this evil age are offended. Why is this? I read blogs that I completely disagree with like the "joys" of working mothers, egalitarian marriages, etc. yet they don't offend me. If you are sure that the way you are living your life is the right way, you shouldn't get offended when others try to convince you otherwise.

Jesus said, "And blessed is the one who is not offended by me"{Luke 7:23}. If  you deeply love the Lord and His ways, you shouldn't get offended with what I teach. It amazes me how many "Christian" women are offended by what I teach. In fact, I was told at one church that I couldn't teach about being keepers at home because I would offend those women who have careers. At another church, I couldn't teach submission because some women would be offended and "it will lead to abuse." 

I know I have women who read my blog who work full-time. They may have been offended when they first began reading my blog but after a while, many of them have realized that they too should be home full-time with their children. Now, they are doing everything they can to be home full-time. They understand the Truth of God's Word and the benefit of raising their children.

When I teach on submission, at first many women were offended and were upset with me. However, their marriages were not happy, so they studied God's Word for themselves and figured out that they needed to work on becoming submissive. Since then, many have restored their marriages and have strong, happy marriages.

Recently, many are offended when I write about female preachers. Oh, how it offends women. Why would it offend them if they knew, without a doubt, that I was wrong. I have no power in myself to get rid of all female preachers nor make all women keepers at home or submissive so why do they hate it so much? God's Word is offensive to many. Unfortunately, it even offends many "Christians" today because they don't know the Word and are listening to preachers who tickle their ears with the good things in the Word. 

Yes, we should be learning about all the good things in God's Word: God's love for us; His grace that covers all our sins; our home in heaven, etc. but we must not leave out the rest of the Word so as not to offend the masses. We never want to be accused of being a lukewarm church but a church that believes and obeys the whole of Scripture.

Therefore, don't be offended by Jesus and His ways. Love is not easily offended, therefore being offended easily is not love. God's ways aren't to cause our lives misery but bring joy and peace into our lives. When wives submit to their husband, it may just win that disobedient husband. If he is a godly man, it will bring peace and enjoyment into the marriage. When mothers go home to raise their children full-time, their children, home and marriage will greatly benefit! The children, most likely, will grow up to be secure and joyful children as long as you discipline and train them properly. You'll have time to be a proper help meet to your husband. Your family will eat healthier food and your home will be cleaner if you use your time wisely by working hard in your home and not wasting it on technology.

If what I teach offends you, check your heart to make sure you are open to the ways of the Lord or just maybe, you are feeling convicted about something. I'm sure I'm not right all of the time so go to your Bible and search it out for yourself; you just might find that you have no reason to be offended at all. You're simply being convicted to do the right thing.

After, I had completed this post, I saw an article written by Dr. Everett Piper who is the President of Oklahoma Wesleyan University. A student was upset because he was convicted about not being loving enough when he heard a sermon on 1 Corinthians 13. This President's response is perfect way to end this post.

"Our culture has actually taught our kids to be this self-absorbed and narcissistic! Any time their feelings are hurt, they are the victims! Anyone who dares challenge them and, thus, makes them 'feel bad' about themselves, is a 'hater,' a 'bigot,' an 'oppressor,' and a 'victimizer.'

I have a message for this young man and all others who care to listen. That feeling of discomfort you have after listening to a sermon is called a conscience! An altar call is supposed to make you feel bad! It is supposed to make you feel guilty! The goal of many a good sermon is to get you to confess your sins—not coddle you in your selfishness. The primary objective of the Church and the Christian faith is your confession, not your self-actualization!"

Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart.
Ephesians 4:18