Sunday, January 3, 2016

For Those Who Want to Be Godly


Many women come to me for advice and try to explain to me that no matter how hard they try they can't be disciplined or submissive or not fearful of the future or whatever. I have some wonderful news for you! It's not about trying harder; it's about believing!

That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.
Ephesians 4:22-24

How do we put off the old man? We believe what God has said about the whole thing and we clothe ourselves with Christ's righteousness! Jesus did all the work for us. When He was crucified, we were crucified. When He was buried, we were buried. When He rose again, we rose again! We are new creatures in Christ. He has made us new by rescuing us from the dominion of darkness so we can walk in newness of life. Now, believe this Truth!

How do we do this? How do we believe? By RENEWING OUR MINDS! We must think the way God thinks. He calls us His children. He has made us righteous and holy; freed from and dead to sin. {Study Romans 6-8 carefully.}

Tomorrow, I will begin teaching Romans very slowly to the chat room. I will be learning from Michael Pearl and summarizing what he teaches. One woman who I encouraged to listen to his teaching of Romans sent me this note: Oh Lori, I'm halfway through the Romans study you told me to listen to. I've had to stop so many times and bow my head, clutching my chest, because the truth is almost too much. This is the gospel!!! And I think, how in the world did this get to me? Who am I to hear such truth? To deserve this freed life? With so many churches in America, so many teachers, so many gurus, I have never seen this truth taught. And now, he has brought this to me. I can't stop reading my Bible now. I can't stop thinking about Him and wanting to spend time with Him. Oh how I pray that all our Christian brothers and sisters would have ears to hear this truth! Thank you for being His instrument and guiding me there.

This teaching has actually changed our lives. We understand who we are in Christ and all He has done for us. It's a thrilling study and all who would love to study it with us, just join the chat room. I will be teaching with the KJV so if you don't have one, it's good to get one. Be prepared to mark that Bible all up with incredible, life-changing notes and then believe it to be true!

Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
Romans 6:4