Monday, January 16, 2012

What Pastors Won't Preach


Imagine what a real Christian pastor, instead of a feminist would say to these women.  I’m guessing it would go something like:

Are you squandering your youth and fertility chasing the feminist goals of career and casual sex?  Are you making yourself less marriageable by not keeping your virginity?  For those who are married, are you refusing to submit to your husband as the bible commands?

If anyone here knows an actual Christian pastor who is serious about biblical marriage and not a feminist wrapped in faux Christianity, please let me know and we can ask him what he would say.

These are quotes from a male's blog.  He is tired of pastors putting all the blame of failed marriages on men.  He thinks feminism is the major reason for the break down of the family and I wholeheartedly agree. 

I have seen it for myself.  I have been mentoring women for over eight years and when they truly know what submission looks like and decide to submit, the marriage turns around almost immediately.  Not always, but most of the time.

I have always loved Jesus.  His Spirit has always worked in me, but I was far from being a submissive wife until an older woman taught me what it looked like.  I finally saw clearly all of my sin in our marriage.  Since I have learned submission, my marriage has become a beautiful thing.  We CAN win them without a word.

I am VERY saddened how few pastors teach on submission.  They always bring up the verse about submitting to each other.  That verse is addressed to the church at large.  One verse. Right after that verse, Paul teaches that women are to submit to their husbands.  At least five other places in scripture say the same thing.  The Bible doesn't say "adapt to" or "be friends", etc.  It says Wives are to submit to their husbands.

Submission is a beautiful thing.  It takes a strong woman to submit.  Being his help meet is a beautiful thing.  The more I learn to submit, the happier we both have become.  Since most pastors have dropped the ball on this one, I am going to keep teaching it as loudly and clearly as I can as long as I have breath, because God's ways work.

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God.  Wives submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.  For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church:  and He is the savior of the body.Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in everything...Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself and the wife see that she reverence her husband
Ephesians 5:21-24,33