Thursday, January 19, 2012

Are You Constipated?


My mom always told us that disease started in the colon.  She wasn't a doctor, my dad was, but she seemed to know way more about the human body's ability to heal itself than my dad did!  He did admit that medical school only gave one week of instruction on nutrition.  I think that is a complete shame!

Why would disease start in the colon?  I believe it is because all of your waste resides in the colon and if it isn't cleaned out on a regular basis, it starts to putrify and cause all sorts of problems.  Doesn't that make sense to you?  I try and live my life by knowing wisdom from God and good old common sense.

The best way to not get constipated is by eating a lot of raw foods and drinking a lot of water. Dairy products are known for constipating people. Stop eating food that comes in a box or can.  Stop eating fast food.  Know where your food comes from.  Take the time to clean and chop up fruits and vegetables.  Exercise is very important, also, even if it is just walking a half an hour a day. 

If you have trouble in the constipation area even after doing all of these things,  I have found the best thing is to take one of these each night after dinner.  They are made of all herbs and work wonderfully but they are VERY strong! If you need something much more mild or for your children Magnesium Calm is amazing. Just take enough so you are no longer constipated. If your stools begin to get to loose, take less. If all that fails and you are also struggling with IBS, try the diet that I am on that has helped tremendously!

So don't allow disease to take over your body.  Do everything in your power to stay healthy.  Being healthy and feeling good is a very good thing!

Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;  you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body. 
I Corinthians 6:19,20