Sunday, July 7, 2013

Our True Adorning


Our society makes a huge deal about the way we look.  Many women spend a fortune on makeup, clothes, accessories, hair, etc.  Now, I believe it is good to look the best you can but I don't believe it should be at the expense of true adorning.

The Bible says that our true adorning is when we are subject to our husbands.  For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted in God, adorned themselves, being in subjection unto their own husbands. I Peter 3:5

Oh, we think true adorning comes from looking beautiful on the outside.  God's ways are definitely upside down.  Our society has for many years taught women to be strong, independent and to never be submissive to a husband.

The deep, unfathomable ways of God, however, work.  God knows that true beauty comes from a submissive, meek, and quiet spirit.  I suggest all of you women read I Peter 3:1-6 often for it is God's recipe for true beauty.

Sure you can continue to exercise to stay in shape, wear makeup, and dress in fashionable clothes but if you are unsubmissive, hard, and argumentative, it is all for nought.  I love knowing that as I grow older with more wrinkles and gray hair, I can continue to be beautiful as I learn to be submissive to my husband.

I love God's ways.  They give me daily encouragement and hope.  What about you?  Are you going to worry about growing older or are you going to be working on becoming the wife that God has called you to be?