Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Very Boring Testimony



My testimony is boring.  I was raised in a Christian home with Christian parents.  I always loved Jesus.  I never rebelled from Him.  I knew He was alive and well in this world and living inside of me.  I went to a Christian college and married a Christian man.  I attended church my whole life. 

 Together, we raised Christian children.  I took them to Awana almost every week of their growing up years {even though I was as sick as a dog with millions of parasites} because I wanted God's Word deeply hidden in their hearts.  My children attended church all their lives and all walk with Jesus.  They are all marrying Christian spouses.  My testimony is boring, or so I thought.

I am so thankful for my life now.  I am thankful that I can relate to Paul's words to Timothy, "And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus." II Timothy 3:15

Elizabeth Elliott spoke in our chapel at Westmont College.  We went to chapel almost every day of the week for all four years I attended.  I only remember one line in all those chapels I attended.  It was when Elizabeth said, "If you were to make a list of all your blessings and you were raised in a Christian home, that should be the top blessing on your list."

I was blessed.  I was born into a Christian home.  Born to parents who loved Jesus and went to church every Sunday.  They never criticized the preaching, the singing, or anything about the churches we attended.  They were always faithful to their church, loving the people, and being involved.  I was blessed.

If you were raised in a Christian home, you were blessed also.  Jesus is the light of the world.  He came to set the prisoner free.  This world is in bondage to sin and to Satan.  We are not.  We are free.  Free to live holy lives.  Free to love and serve others.  Free to be submissive to our husbands and free to raise godly offspring.  Hallelujah!  We are free.

However, if your life is filled with a lot of regrets and rebellion against God's ways, God's grace is sufficient to cover your sins and redeem your life.  He freely offers forgiveness from guilt and condemnation.  All He asks of you is that you believe!