Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Doctors Are More Important Than Mothers?


You will never have the time, energy, freedom or mobility to be exceptional if you have a husband and kids.  Women will be equal with men when we stop demanding that it be considered equally important to do housework and real work.  They are not equal.  Doing laundry will never be as important as being a doctor or an engineer or building a business.  {Amy Glass

What Amy writes in her article is extreme, however, I believe that a lot of women really believe the lies she promotes.  I don't think most women would be pursuing higher education and careers if they didn't.  I wouldn't hear "I'm not ready to be married and have children, yet.  I need to live a little before that" if many women didn't believe this.

Women, young and old, being wives and mothers is God's highest calling for you.  I could care less what anyone else tells you.  It is spelled out clearly in Scripture.  Nowhere does it tell women to get all the education they can get, find a career that takes them away from home many hours a day, be independent, and make sure they can provide for them self if something happens to their husband.

In fact, higher education and careers do nothing to prepare women for being submissive wives or teach them how to raise godly offspring, the most important job women can have.  Young, unmarried women are exhorted to "careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit" {I Corinthians 7:34}  This doesn't exclude them from getting higher education and a career but they should never believe that this is more valuable than being a wife and mother.  They should not get in a lot of debt or in a career that is difficult to leave if they get married and have children.

Women have asked me what I think about the "Mommy Wars," working moms vs. stay at home moms.  I don't take part in the Mommy Wars.  I simply teach young women to be "keepers at home" as Scripture commands me to do.  I love working moms and stay at home moms, but I know God wants wives submitting to their husbands and mothers at home taking good care of their husbands, children, and homes.  Regardless of what Ms. Glass believes, this has way more eternal consequences than being a doctor, engineer, etc.  

There are plenty of capable, good men that can do those jobs but men cannot replace the powerful role mothers have on society or future generations.  Mothers who raise godly offspring are the exceptional ones in my humble opinion!