Saturday, January 11, 2014

Her Super Sexy Abiding Husband!


My sister, Alisa, has been married to Greg for 28 years and has three children with one engaged.  She met Greg the first year she went to Westmont College.  I think she liked him right away but it took a long time for them to finally get together.  They adore each other.  They have always been very affectionate with one another and Greg loves spending any of his free time with her.

She has a small blog where she writes thoughts to her children. The one she wrote recently about her marriage was so moving, I asked her if I could share it since I thought you would enjoy it...

On our walk the other day, Dad and I were talking about marriage.  We both agree that even though we knew each other for seven years by the time we got married, there were surprises.  Some were challenging.  Some were wonderful!

I shared with Dad that I had no idea a man could love Jesus so deeply.  Your dad's desire to be abiding in, depending on, trusting in Jesus is something I had never imagined in my future husband.  It's super sexy to me...a man who knows the weakness of his flesh, who admits when he is not walking in the Spirit, who continually wants to know Jesus more intimately!

The second surprise for me was the depth of your dad's love for me!  I didn't know it was possible to be so unconditionally loved, to be adored, to be cared for and protected, to be listened to so well.  And...you all know me...I can be very unlovable.  And he still loves me!  I can be very unadorable.  And he still tells me I'm beautiful and that he chooses me and that I'm his favorite person to be with! 

So, Greg, Maria, Ali and Nick, my prayer for you is that you face the challenges of marriage with the grace of Jesus and that you are wonderfully surprised with the intensity and depth of the love from your future spouses!

I'm crazy about you four!
0x0-Mom

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, 
it does not boast, it is not proud.  
It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, 
it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 
Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
 always perseveres. Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:4-8