Sunday, March 2, 2014

An Inquisitive Reader Of Mine


Courtney is a reader of mine who comments quite frequently.  She is an ex-Mormon, married to an ex-Mormon who identify themselves as Secular Humanists.  Therefore, she disagrees with almost everything I write.  However, she is always kind and considerate when she comments. {HERE is her blog.}

She asks questions to learn more.  Her thought provoking questions are usually made into a post of their own.  They are thoughtful questions that have to do with the post and she never attacks me or says unkind things to anyone.  Sometimes she even helps me by stating that those who are true Christians should take the Bible literally on subjects such as submission and headship. What is sad is that there are many "Christians" who comment and do attack me and my message. This is puzzling to her. "You Christians say you believe the Bible, why don't you women live like this?"

Recently someone asked her why she even reads my blog since her beliefs are so different from mine.  I welcome anyone to read my blog!  Even those from the websites that hate conservative Christians and would love nothing more than to shut down my blog. {Courtney's blog is not in this category.}

God's Word does not come back void.  I love teaching God's Truth and want all people to come to the knowledge of Jesus.  How will they believe if they never hear?  Knowing God, loving Him, and living for Him is the only thing that matters.

So Courtney and all those who disagree with me,  I invite you to continue reading, continue asking questions and continue searching.  I no longer search for the Truth about God.  I found all of the answers in Jesus and I hope you will one day also.

Seek the Lord while he may be found; 
call upon him while he is near; 
let the wicked forsake his way, 
and the unrighteous man his thoughts; 
let him return to the Lord
that he may have compassion on him, 
and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon.
Isaiah 55:6,7