Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Keeping My Cool in the Midst of Being Trashed


My purpose for writing this blog was never to become "famous or infamous" {as my sister called me after my post went viral}. It was to teach women the godly principles that the Lord has commanded older women to do in His Word. As you may have noticed, I am not doing it for the money either, since I have no advertising on my blog. {I am in the process of writing a book, however, since I have been asked to write one.} I recently received this note from a woman.

Dear Lori,

I don't know how you, day by day, post truth and have it trashed to shreds so hatefully and you keep your cool and so calmly as you just keep posting. I just wanted to encourage you. You’re not alone! Some of us women who follow your page are actually interested in truth and what God's Word has to say about marriage and a women's role. I have been married almost 20 years! Doing it my way and how the world says to do it for the first half and trying it God’s way the last half. I can say that I don't care what anyone says; doing it God’s way works! My marriage has NEVER been better. We have never been more in love and we have never had wedded bliss like we do now! My heart breaks for so many deceived and blinded by Satan and his schemes to destroy the beautiful role God created women to have. Anyway, I'm rambling but just wanted to say THANK YOU! Your page and posts are an encouragement and a blessing to me! Keep speaking the truth! 

The reason I can write what I do while being mocked and ridiculed is because it needs to be said and I want to please the Lord rather than men. Many Christian woman barely look different than worldly woman. Their marriages are either falling apart or heading for divorce. Children are being raised to rebel when they are older. Women dress immodestly and are entertained by the same things that entertain the world. Often, I receive letters like the one above and I tear up every time since it will never get old seeing marriages restored by applying biblical principles to them.

I love Charles Spurgeon. When I listen to a sermon or read a devotional, I want to be convicted, challenged, and encouraged. He does all three. Here are parts of one of his devotionals ~

"If we would follow the Lord wholly, we must go right away into the wilderness of separation and leave the Egypt of the carnal world behind us. We must leave its maxims, its pleasures, and its religion too, and go far away to a place where the Lord calls His sanctified ones. When the town is on fire, our house cannot be too far from the flames. The further from worldly conformity the better. To all true believers, let the trumpet call be sounded, "Come ye out from among them, be ye separate."

What is ironic is that I didn't become "famous and infamous" by those who loved what I teach but those who hated it. However, God has worked all things together for good. What they meant for evil, God meant it for good {Genesis 50:20}. The unfortunate thing about it all is that many who love what I write are too afraid to "share" it for fear of the hate and ridicule they will receive from others. Those who hate it don't mind at all sharing it. Why are Christians today so afraid to spread truth? This is the question I would love for you to ponder if you are one of those who fear men more than God.

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ for it is the power of God unto salvation to anyone who believeth {Romans 1:16}. We are commanded to plant seeds of Truth. This world is on fire so we must do everything we can to snatch as many as we can from the fire and be separated from it. Never be afraid, women, to speak Truth since it is mighty to save and it is the best way to live. Our time is short here and none of us know when we will breathe our last. Use the short life that the Lord has blessed you with for good. If you are raising children, teach them the Word consistently. This is your mission field right now. Use any available means to spread Truth, for you just may be surprised to read of others being encouraged to believe in Jesus and changed by the seeds you have planted.

Incline not my heart to any evil thing, 
to practice wicked works with men that work iniquity.
Psalm 141:4