Friday, October 25, 2013

Experiencing An Empty Nest


Ten years ago as Ken and I were taking our evening walk, he said to me, "I have come to the conclusion that marriage is simply a partnership and that is all.  I am not sure what we are going to do when the kids leave home."

This made me so sad.  We didn't enjoy being together.  Most of the time we were together, we argued.  We rarely laughed or really enjoyed each other.

Thankfully, I read Created To Be His Help Meet and found out how to have a great marriage.  We now enjoy being together, even if I am not that well most of the time.  We don't argue anymore.  We listen to each other.  We enjoy doing the same things.  We like having an empty nest!

Learn from me, young women.  Love your husbands while you are young so when your children are all gone and have flown the coop, your husband can say that he truly rejoices with the wife of his youth.

Let your fountain be blessed: 
and rejoice with the wife of your youth.

Proverbs 5:18

We had a discussion about Halloween on my Facebook page the other day.  
I wrote a post on my views last year that you can read HERE.