Saturday, October 12, 2013

Too Many Distractions

When I was raising my children, the only thing we had to distract us was a telephone and television.  I have never liked talking on the telephone much and I don't remember watching too much television as I was raising my children.  The computer was fairly primitive and I didn't go on it much except to help Ken with his work.

Today's mothers have it so much tougher.  I am glad I wasn't writing a blog back then.  My mind would have been so distracted on finding new material, moderating comments, etc.  Now there are so many things to distract mothers from being the wife and mother they ought to be.

On a subway in NYC this week, a man was shot point blank in the back of his head and killed.  No one saw it happen.  They were all too busy with their heads down playing on their iPhones!  If everyone was looking up like they use to, someone probably would have been able to at least warn the poor guy or could have stopped the killer before the gun went off.

If you are blessed to be a stay-at-home mother,  spend your time wisely.  It takes a lot of time to raise godly children.  It takes a lot of time to keep a home in order and fix nutritious food.  It takes a lot of time to please and love on your husband.  All of these are so much more important than any benefit an iPhone, computer, or television can bring to your family.

Look carefully then how you walk,
 not as unwise but as wise.
Ephesians 5:15