Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Praising His Stay-At-Home Wife!


This is a topic I am fairly passionate about if you haven't noticed!  I am commanded by God as an older woman to teach young women to be "keepers at home."  Many women have written me or emailed me with the desire to be home but their husbands want them to work outside the home.   My heart goes out to them.

When one of my readers told me about a blog post of a man promoting his stay-at-home wife, I was thrilled to read it.  Here is a glimpse of what he wrote ~

Yes, my wife is JUST a mother. JUST. She JUST brings forth life into the universe, and she JUST shapes and molds and raises those lives. She JUST manages, directs and maintains the workings of the household, while caring for children who JUST rely on her for everything. She JUST teaches our twins how to be human beings, and, as they grow, she will JUST train them in all things, from morals, to manners, to the ABC’s, to hygiene, etc. She is JUST my spiritual foundation and the rock on which our family is built. She is JUST everything to everyone. And society would JUST fall apart at the seams if she, and her fellow moms, failed in any of the tasks I outlined.

I say a big AMEN to this!  I am thankful to see a husband that sees the immense value in his wife raising his children instead of bringing in more money and sacrificing his children's welfare for the almighty dollar.  It seems there are few men out there like this anymore, sadly.

If you want to be home full-time with your children, make out a thoughtful letter of reasons for wanting to be home and give it to your husband.  You can cook from scratch, shop at yard sales, be rested to take good care of him when he gets home, have hot meals ready for him at the end of a long time, have time for intimacy with him, train your children, keep the home clean, just to name a few.

After much prayer, give it to him and then abide by his wishes.  If he wants you to work, do it cheerfully but then consistently plead with the Lord to change your husband's mind and heart.  I know it is difficult, dear mothers, but the Lord promises to give you the strength you will need to accomplish His will.

HERE is the whole blog post.  I encourage you to read it along with your husband.  Some women have asked for blogs for men to read.  This may be a good one.

So I would have younger women marry, 
bear children, manage their households, 
and give the adversary no occasion for slander.
I Timothy 5:14