Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Pioneer Woman


Most Saturday mornings, I watch The Pioneer Woman on the Food Network Channel.  Her food looks delicious.  She isn't into my kind of healthy eating but the recipes I have tried of hers are wonderful!  What I love about the show is simply watching a family function as God intended for it to function.

Ree Drummond loves her husband.  I read her blog years before she became famous.  For many months, she shared her love story with us.  She is always building her husband up and thinks he is wonderful.  He does seem wonderful.  He loves God, his family, and he works very hard.

They live on a huge cattle ranch.  All the children get up early and help out on the ranch.  They all work very hard.  Ree homeschools all her children.  You can tell they are very happy children.  The family goes to church every Sunday and is involved in their church.

She loves to entertain and has people over all the time.  She loves her in-laws and is kind to everyone she meets.  She is very funny.  I still follow her blog and laugh while I am reading it.

It is difficult to find television shows anymore with happy, whole families.  It is becoming out of style much to the detriment of children and society.  It will never be out of style with God, however.  It is His plan and His plans are always the best.

And the Lord God fashioned into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.  And the man said, "This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh;  She shall be called Woman because she was taken out of Man."  For this cause a man shall leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.
Genesis 2:22-24

And God blessed them, saying, "Be fruitful and multiply."
Genesis 1:22