Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Are You Hard To Love?


He told her he was committed to her for life but she was hard to love.  Ouch!  She then went on to write that even if her husband didn't love her unconditionally, at least God did.  If I were counseling her, I would have encouraged her to ask her husband why she was hard to love and go about trying to become more lovable.

Are you hard to love?  What makes a person hard to love???

Someone who complains a lot.

Someone who is negative.

Someone who is emotional and gets offended easily.

Someone who criticizes you a lot and doesn't accept you the way that you are.

Someone who argues with you and doesn't respect your opinions.

Someone who is discontent with their lot in life.

How about you?  Ask your husband if you are difficult to love.  I was for 23 years.  I just asked Ken if I was difficult to love and he said "No!"  I asked him if I used to be and he said "Yes!"

My advice ~ Work on being easy to love.  The best way is to love others.  Be patient, kind, positive, accepting, content, joyful, pleasant, and a servant.  After working on those qualities, then ask your husband the same question.  I will bet you'll get a different answer...

For, brethren, you have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.  For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shall love your neighbor as yourself.
Galatians 5:13,14